Book Review: All The Bright Places (no spoilers)

Holy crap, I've missed you!!
I'm sorry, I took this pic from Pinterest
cause I borrowed mine from library
and it's in Finnish :-)
So thank you, whoever took this masterpiece!
c'mon read the post already!!!! 

Happy New Year!!
So, it's been a while... and I'm not going to apologize for having a break and not writing. Because I needed it. I really did. I have been SO busy with school and to be honest, I have been little down lately. I have no idea why but sometimes when I'm happy and everything's great, I just suddenly get anxious and depressed for no reason. And I HATE that. But my New Years resolution is to be more positive! SO what I'm trying to say instead of sorry, thank you for waiting. 


Let's hop into my first book review!

I just read this ya book All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. It's the first novel I've read by her and I'm very grateful I did read it. Because this one, my dudes, is officially my new favourite book!

Long story short, in this book we follow Theodore and Violet who are both struggling with some real issues. Violet is trying to cope after losing her sister in a car accident, and Theodore wants to end his own life. But little do they know their lives are about to change after they meet each other on the ledge of the bell tower at school.

The reasons why I love this novel so much:

  • it goes right into the story (I hate slowly going books!)
  • while reading I felt like I was one of the characters in the book
  • I felt every single emotion that a human being could possibly feel
  • it is SO beautifully written
  • it has lots of quotes from other books
  • it's the most beautiful, brilliant, lovely and sad novel EVER
I usually don't cry while reading books, but if I do, it happens only in the last few pages. But this book proved me wrong. I started sobbing on the page 351, continued sobbing and cried my eyes out on the page 397. I think this book might have broken me. But it's totally worth it!

Heres some of my favorite quotes from the book:

"You are all the colors in one at full brightness"
"I like to think his wandering in another world, seeing things no one can ever imagine" 
"I am disappearing, maybe I'm already gone"
"Stars in the sky, stars on the ground... I hate to admit it but it's beautiful. I feel the need to say something grand and poetic, but the only thing I come up with is 'It's lovely' 'Lovely is a lovely word that should be used more often'"

I recommend All The Bright Places to everyone who enjoys young adult, contemporary, love and fiction books. I believe this book changed me somehow. It changed the way I think and see things. It opened my mind about mental illness, the loss of someone loved and heartbreak.

This book left me speechless.

A solid 5 out of 5 stars.



Let me know if you'd like more book reviews!


Happy reading!
Love,
Maria♥xx


Comments

My most viewed post