What I've Learned From My Family

You have no idea how much I've missed you! I didn't get the chance to write last week so that's why there was no Sunday post. But I'm back, baby!
Oh, and did you notice I changed my nickname to my real name?

I've been thinking a lot lately and I realized that our families are very important to us. I realized how much my dad used his free time to drive me to my hobbies everyday, how long he waited in the car for my dance practice and violin lessons to be over. How much my mom helped me when I lost my keys and when she cooked for me when I was sick. How my grandma taught me for hours how to make the most perfect Karelian pies.
Our families do everything they can to make us happy and I hope that someday I can pay them back all the things they have done for me.
Here's the things I'm most thankful for them.

Be grateful. My family's never been rich and because of that my parents has taught me to appreciate the little things.

Treat everyone like how you want to be treated. If you want to have positive and happy people around you making you happy when you're not, you need to be there for them when they need you.

Be honest. Even though the truth might sometimes hurt more than a lie, in the end honesty is always better.

Dare to be yourself. I've always been the artistic kid and in the elementary school I didn't appreciate it because I was always different and liked different things than my friends. Thanks to my family  I've learned that difference is good and it's cool to have something that other people don't have.

Love music. Music has always been one of the most important things in my life. When I was two years old my mom took me every week to this music play school. And ever since that I've played different instruments and sang my whole life. Thanks mom♡

Appreciate literature. When I was just a kid my dad read me every night before going to bed. He's a literature teacher and I've always been surrounded by books and that's probably the reason I love them so much!

Collect memories, not stuff. My grandma has taught me this one. Kind of. She's always saying how young people couldn't survive without their phones. And in a way that has given me the idea of trying not to get obsessed with my phone. Enjoy the moment, make memories. Memories are forever unlike stuff.

Don't stress beforehand. Always when I was worried or when I stressed about some exam going badly, my dad told me not to worry about it beforehand. You really shouldn't stress about something when you don't even know how it's going to go.


Thank you, I love you.


What is the most important thing your family has taught you?


Have a good one
Love,
Maria♡





Comments

  1. Its the same as one of your ones above but to be grateful for the little things in life and to always be kind to others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Those are the things we all should always remember!
      -Maria xx

      Delete
  2. I'm scared of tomorrow. We'll get our exam results at school and my English teacher already told me that I have no talent for being an author. I always loved literature and now I don't know who I am and how my future will look like. But my family supports me. I'm not alone with my problems. And this is what I'm most thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show your teacher wrong. You can do it, you can be anything you want! I believe in you.
      -Maria Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment.
Have an amazing day!♡

My most viewed post